Striking Principles and Precautions
The author of Lal Kitab has enunciated such significant principles of astrology that stand well tested today and as such they are of utmost importance in our day to day life. In view of this, an effort is being made here to describe some unfailing principles and astrological precautions for the benefit of people at large.
To begin with, no temple with idols should be constructed even for individual worship in a residential house. However, keeping photos or drawings of deities on paper is not prohibited. This is highly inauspicious for the natives born with Jupiter in 7th house.
If there is a small dark room at the end of the house, where there is no passage for air or light, the same should be left as it is and no attempt should be made to facilitate natural light through opening windows etc. in that room; otherwise, misfortunes will strike the residents.
Places where ornaments or money is kept secretly must not be left empty. If there is nothing to be kept, please put some dry fruits there.
There must necessarily be some uncemented place in a house. But if it is not feasible, the articles related to Venus must be installed and established therein.
Safe Delivery and Longevity of Children
• Worship of lord Ganesh is highly auspicious for children and property.
• For safe delivery of children, a milk pot filled with milk and a sugar pot filled with sugar must be touched by the delivering mother and kept at some different place. After the delivery both the pots should be offered to some temple and should not be brought back from there. Good effects will multiply if the quality of the pots is good.
• If one’s children do not survive the native must distribute salty preparations in place of sweets, to celebrate the birth of the child.
Alms and Charity
• Digging of wells or providing drinking water facilities for public is strictly prohibited for those with moon in 6th house of the birth chart. Any violation of the above would invite utter destruction and extreme poverty.
• Building of dharmshalas, sarais or inns is strictly prohibited for those having Saturn in 8th house.
• Saturn in Lagna and Jupiter in 5th house cause death of children one after the other, if copper coins are given in charity.
• Jupiter in 10th and moon in 4th cause false allegations and critical legal proceedings against the native if he builds temples or gurudwaras.
• Financial aid to widows and scholarships to poor children are strictly prohibited for those having Venus in 9th house.
• Grave consequences would folllow if a native with moon in 12th house opens schools for free education, or offers food to religious saints and Jogins.
• Anyone having Jupiter in 7th house must not offer clothes to anyone in charity
• Donations in the morning and evening hours by persons having Sun in 7th or 8th house of their horoscope will produce highly harmful and poisonous effects.
The younger brother should never go for adoption of children of the elder brother. At the same time he should also not arrange the free marriage of the daughter of his elder brother. These practices would certainly lead to disastrous consequences.
Selection of Bridegrooms
• Saturn in 11th house makes the native desert his wife and children in young age, whereas Saturn in the boy’s 2nd house proves inauspicious for the bride’s family.
• Mercury and Rahu combining in houses 3, 8, 9, or 12 of the groom is also inauspicious for the bride’s family.
• Venus and Ketu together in Lagna make the native impotent.
• The groom is likely to be of bad sexual habits and may destroy his wealth in that, if the planetary positions are as follows :
(a) Sun in 6th and Mars in 10th with the afflicted 12th house.
(b) Moon in Lagna and Jupiter in 11th house .
(c) Jupiter and Venus in 10th house.
Remedies Applicable to All.
• Sweet loaves of bread, specially baked in Tandoor, should be offered to animals every month for warding off sickness, quarrels and other troubles, caused by Mars negative in the horoscope.
• Place a pot of water under the headside of the bed at night and pour it on a tree or plant in the morning.
• Taking meals in the kitchen is a strong safeguard against the mischiefs of Rahu.
• From one’s own meal a chapati or a piece of it must be offered to cows, crows and dogs for all round well being and prosperity.
Further, we all believe that going to a temple for offering prayer is always a good thing, which must be admired and encouraged. But according to Lal Kitab, the native having a malefic planet, especially Saturn in 8th house, when 2nd house is empty, must not visit temples or other places of worship. Rather he should bow his head from outside. Similarly, if planets occupying 6th, 8th and 12th houses are inimical to each other and 2nd house is not occupied by any planet, the native must avoid visiting temples and other religious places of worship.
The most striking thing about Lal Kitab is that it enshrines due admiration for Vedic culture and philosophy of the Hindus. Living in a joint family has been suggested as a powerful remedial measure and if for some reason this is not possible the native should sleep on the bed sheet which was used by his father. In other cases the native has been asked to obtain the blessings of parents and elders etc. as an amulet against the evil. It is worth pointing out that such simple and innocent remedies have worked wonders in tested cases.